Kanji Recognizer is an app that helps you learn and recognize the Japanese Kanji characters. The app contains a database of over 2,000 different Kanji characters, and provides you with the ability to practice recognizing them. The app also includes a quiz mode that tests your knowledge of Kanji characters.
This article is all about helping you get to know the Kanji Recognizer for PC better and install it on your PC. Here are the technical specifications you want to know about beforehand:
Download & Install Kanji Recognizer For PC: Windows 10/8/7
You can download and install the Kanji Recognizer for PC using the Nox player android emulator. Here are the steps you need to follow to install it on your computer alongside the step to install the Kanji Recognizer.
- Step 1: You have to download the Nox player emulator on your computer. It will store in the Downloads folder of your PC.
- Step 2: Double click on the downloaded installer, click Yes, and let the Nox Player be installed on your computer.
- Step 3: Within NOX Player, you’ll see the Play Store Icon on the top portion of it. Go ahead, click on it, and open up the store.
- Step 4: If you’re not logged in, make sure you log into your Gmail or Play store account using email and password.
- Step 5: Search for Kanji Recognizer on the search bar that you’ll see in the play store app. This will show you the app.
- Step 6: Click on the Kanji Recognizer and click install to start downloading it on your computer and installing it.
- Step 7: Wait for a few minutes and NOX player will add a shortcut button to the desktop and the homepage.
- Step 8: You can double click on the shortcut icon and start using the Kanji Recognizer on your computer right away.
|App Name:||Kanji Recognizer On Your PC|
|Devoloper Name:||Nikolay Elenkov|
|Supporting OS:||Windows,7,8,10 & Mac (32 Bit, 64 Bit)|
|Category:||Books & Reference|
|Updated on:||May 15, 2020|
|Get it On:|
Kanji Recognizer Andorid App Summary
The Kanji Recognizer was developed by the popular developer agency named Nikolay Elenkov. They have the Kanji Recognizer in the Books & Reference category of the Google Play Store. You can find the latest version, which is 2.6.1, on Play store now.
As it has a hefty 1063476 user base, you can rely on it for the job it does. For the user rating, you’re looking at a 2.7 rating for ease of use and how well it works. With Kanji Recognizer latest features, good ratings, and frequent updates, you’ll be happy with it.
May 15, 2020 was the last date the Kanji Recognizer was updated with new features. If you want to use the Kanji Recognizer on your computer, you have to use an emulator like BlueStacks, NOX player, and Memu Emulator.
Using these can be overwhelming. But, no worries, we’ve got your back. We’ll guide you to install the emulator and the Kanji Recognizer using the emulator later on.
Kanji Recognizer App Overview and Details
Handwritten Japanese kanji recognition and writing quiz. Integrates with WWWJDIC.
New: Training mode for quiz. Use stroke guidelines and stroke order hints to practice writing kanji correctly. Does not advance to next character until you get it right.
Kanji writing quiz. Test yourself based on school year or JLPT level. Check your answers against the proper stroke order using animated diagrams.
Premium features: history/favorites, export/import, search by reading/meaning, Simeji/OpenWnn/ATOK integration, local stroke order database. You can upgrade form within the application (Settings->Upgrade to premium), no need to download a new application.
Premium upgrade price: around $4.99 (varies slightly by location/exchange rate. Press the ‘Upgrade’ button to display the Play Store dialog with the exact local price).
Just draw a character, tap ‘Recognize’ and select a candidate to display reading, meaning, radical and more. Copy or share characters to clipboard or other apps. History/favorites and search by reading or meaning also available (premium only). Call from within Simeji, OpenWnn/Flick/ATOK/OpenWnn Plus to input characters using handwriting (premium only, Simeji/OpenWnn/Atok Japanese IME install required).
Test your kanji writing skills by school year or JLPT level: write kanji based on reading and/or meaning hints. Check your score, and compare your writing with the proper stroke order using animated stroke order diagrams. Free version offers JLPT N5 and elementary school grade 1 and 2 kanji. Premium versions lets you select all grades/JLPT levels.
Follow proper, or at least basic (left to right, top to bottom, horizontal before vertical, etc.), stroke order for best results.
* if recognition is slow on your device, try using the compressed model. Open Settings (press the Menu key, or the overflow menu on ICS to display), press ‘Recognition model’ and select ‘JP. comb. compressed’. This should improve startup time and recognition speed.
* you can also increase the search timeout to make sure recognition starts after you finish drawing. Tap ‘Auto-search after’ in Settings and increase the timeout (default is 400 ms)
* if it is still slow, uncheck the ‘Search on stroke’ option in Settings. Candidates won’t be displayed automatically, but on a separate screen.
* draw larger characters for better recognition
* Tablet support
* Animated stroke order diagrams (online for free version, offline for premium)
* Kanji writing quiz. Bell/buzzer sounds marks answer
* Training mode
* Automatically searches on each stroke for immediate feedback
* Configurable drawing pen size and color
* Shake to delete stroke/all strokes
* Favorites and history (premium)
* Favorites Excel (CSV) and Anki export (premium)
* Simeji, OpenWnn/Flick, ATOK, OpenWnn Plus integration (mushroom) (premium)
* Search by reading and meaning (premium)
* Compressed model for older/slower devices
* Works offline (Internet connections only required for initial download).
* Stroke annotation
* Undo (removes last stroke)
* Integrated kanji database with more than 13,000 entries
* Kanji decomposition into components
* Integration with WWWJDIC for Android (can be used as the handwriting recognition backend)
* Copy/append recognized kanji to clipboard or share to other programs.
Not a handwriting input method (IME).
Ad-supported (ads are removed if you upgrade to premium)
Version 2.0 requires Android 2.1 and later. Earlier Android versions can use version 1.7.2.
Email for bug reports and feature requests:
Follow me on Twitter for latest updates:
Tweets by kapitanpetko
Release announcements and detailed explanation of new features:
Features of Kanji Recognizer for PC
1. Handwritten Japanese kanji recognition and writing quiz.
2. Integrates with WWWJDIC.
3. New: Training mode for quiz.
4. Use stroke guidelines and stroke order hints to practice writing kanji correctly.
5. Does not advance to next character until you get it right.
6. Kanji writing quiz.
7. Test yourself based on school year or JLPT level.
8. Check your answers against the proper stroke order using animated diagrams.
9. Premium features: history/favorites, export/import, search by reading/meaning, Simeji/OpenWnn/ATOK integration, local stroke order database.
10. Premium upgrade price: around $4.99.
Whats New In this Kanji Recognizer?
* Added up button to details screen
* Bug fixes
The Kanji Recognizer application is an excellent tool for recognizing and learning kanji characters. The application is easy to use and provides a great user experience. The application is also very accurate and can recognize most kanji characters. Overall, the Kanji Recognizer application is an excellent tool for learning and recognizing kanji characters.
Before we complete the guide, do you have more questions regarding the emulator above or the Kanji Recognizer of any kind? Don’t feel grounded, just let us know, and we’ll help you resolve it.
We refer the ownership of This Kanji Recognizer to its creator/developer. We don’t own or affiliate for Kanji Recognizer and/or any part of it, including its trademarks, images, and other elements.
Here at nairahubs, we also don’t use our own server to download the Kanji Recognizer. We refer to the official server, store, or website to help our visitors to download the Kanji Recognizer.
If you have any query about the app or about nairahubs, we’re here to help you out. Just head over to our contact page and talk your heart to us. We’ll get back to you ASAP.